EPARENCY FAIRING EPOXY
1:1 ratio Mixing ratio
100% Australian owned and Australian manufactured
700ml (350ml part A and 350ml part B)
- Prepare the surface, sand smooth any bumps or ridges on the surface and remove all dust from the area to be faired.
- Mix resin/hardener to peanut butter consistency, the thicker the mixture, the easier it will be to sand when cured.
- Trowel on the thickened epoxy mixture with a plastic squeegee, working it into all voids and depressions. Smooth the epoxy mixture to the desired shape, leaving the mixture slightly higher than the surrounding area. Remove any excess thickened epoxy before it cures. If the voids you are filling are over ½” deep, apply the epoxy mixture in several applications Note: On vertical and overhead surfaces, allow the wet-out epoxy coat to gel before applying the epoxy fairing compound. The fairing compound may sag or slide off the fresh wet-out coat. Apply the fairing compound while the wet-out is still in the gel stage.
- Allow the final thickened epoxy application to cure thoroughly.
- Sand the fairing material to blend with the surrounding contour. Begin with 50-grit sandpaper if you have a lot of fairing material to remove. Use 80-grit paper on the appropriate sanding block when you are close to the final contour. Remove the sanding dust and fill any remaining voids following the same procedure.
- Apply several coats of epoxy resin/hardener to the area with a disposable brush or roler, after you are satisfied with the fairness. Allow the final epoxy coat to cure thoroughly before final sanding and finishing.